Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

GO Fort Hays State 2010

Life at Union is great! We have now made it half-way through the Fall semester, and so far it has been a great semester.

Quick Construction Update: The Commons appears to be fully bricked (at least of what I have seen by walking around campus). If it is not fully bricked, then it is close. Also, the soccer field complex is almost finished as well. We now have at least twice as many stands as well as a press box at the fields, which has been really nice this season. And the Pharmacy building is currently under construction next to Jennings Hall. The steel beams are up, and it is coming along nicely.

Last week was the Baptist Conference that I have been reporting on these last few days, and next week (when we get back) is Faith and Practice Week 2009. David Platt will be back with us for three days, preaching the Word. About a month ago, we had GO week, being introduced to a variety of ways that we can get involved locally, nationally, and internationally. Now, almost one month later the teams for the GO Trips have been set.

In filling out my application, I put Fort Hays State as my number one choice. After talking with many of my team members from last year, I discovered that many were applying for new trips or were not planning on going anywhere this year. Furthermore, our leaders last year are not leading this year's trip either. Primary reason, they are having a baby. I have been accustomed to returning to the same place on multiple mission trips to continue to build relationships and continue to serve alongside the same people. So after praying about where to go, I felt like Fort Hays State should top my list. Thankfully, those who organized the trips allowed me to have the opportunity to return to Hays, Kansas next Spring.

So last night, after going through a series of activities with my new team members, we found our leader and our team. Now we will begin the process of getting to know each other, preparing for the trip, and connecting with Christian Challenge in Hays. I have been able to keep up with some of the students in Hays since we left in April, and I cannot wait to get back so that we can work alongside them once more. This will be my final Union University GO Trip, and I cannot wait to see what God will do this year.

Matt

No comments: