Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Riddle Time

This is a "just for fun" post today.  I have posted a riddle before, when I wrote about one of my all time favorite books, Thr3e.  Just as a reminder, if you have not read this book by Ted Dekker, you really need to!  It is one of the best books I have ever read, and re-read, and re-read.  One of the unique features about the book is its use of riddles.  I will be the first to say that I am typically not very good with riddles, and I did not do a great job with them when I first read the book either.  I have recently found some new riddles (or at least new to me), and I did much better this time.  Out of the four below, I was able to figure three of them out.  The last one, I admit, I gave up on and looked up the answer.  So have some fun with these four riddles below.  In a few days, I will post the answers.  See how you do.

1. Kills the bad ones / ...and the sad ones. / Tightens to fit / So one size fits all.

2. Steals an event, / or even a mood. / Reveals the truth / Or shatters it.

3. The stack just might / Be sent all over. / Full of what's new, / Yet it's nearly obsolete.

4. Though I should be unique, / You've made most of us the same. / I would be stronger / If my characters were stranger.

Matt

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1. A noose.
2. A camera.
3. A newspaper.
4. .. idk

Unknown said...

I think the last one is 'Password'.