Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When Will It Stop Snowing?

So we are going on 3 weeks here in Jackson with snow still on the ground. A day has not gone by yet this semester without some snow on the ground. It got close Sunday, with almost all of the snow gone, but Sunday night another system came in dumping another inch on us. But I guess the good thing about the snow is that it gets us in the mood for the Winter Olympics!

I have been watching the Olympics all that I can for the last few days, and am actually about to see what is on right now. I am not sure why I am always so fascinated with the Olympics other than they are sports. I know that I cannot do any of the events that I see on TV. It is so neat to see our nation go out and win each night. I am glad that there are about 2 more weeks left! The sad thing is that once they are over, we will not get to see an Olympic game for another 2 years.

Other than the Olympics, NASCAR has also started back up. The first race of the season, the biggest race of the season, the Daytona 500 was this past Sunday. Gordon did not do so well in the race, wrecking in the last few laps (which were "overtime"). But history shows that your performance in this race has no bearing on the rest of the season. The race is all about prestige, and everyone takes chances in this race that they would not normally take just to win it. Due to this fact, some of the top drivers wreck out or finish in the back whereas some of the drivers who finish well might eventually fall back in the standings in just the next few weeks. But now that the biggest race of the season is over, drivers will be setting their eyes on the championship. Strategy changes from here on out, and it will be interesting to see who can post the most wins and who can be the most consistent between now and November.

I wish I could tell you that I am in the middle of some really good book for I have not posted a book review in quite some time. But between school and other things I am involved in this semester, the only books I am reading are textbooks. I'll let you in on some of the textbooks that I read later on in the semester. But for now I will do my best to keep you updated with what is going on with me in my last semester at Union, and I hope to continue posting a daily writing on what I am reading from the Bible each day.

Matt

No comments: