Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Go Fort Hays State - Year 2

Well I am about to head out on my last GO Trip at Union University. For the second year in a row, I am headed to Hays, Kansas to work with Christian Challenge. Challenge is a BCM type group on the campus of Fort Hays State University. They are a great influence on their campus already, and we get the amazing opportunity work alongside them this week. We have several events planned for the week, as well as many ministry opportunities while on the campus each day. It is exciting to get join God at work in Hays this week, and I cannot wait to see what He does in and through our lives while we are in Hays.

Here are some the things that we will be doing while on campus that you can pray for:
  • Prayer Walking the campus
  • Looking for opportunities to share the Gospel with students
  • Going to classes with Challenge students
  • Attending Challenge (worship service) on Tuesday night
  • Painting a room in Carin's home (the leader) where the students hang out
  • Helping with a party on Wednesday night

Also, please pray for safe travel. It is a long ride, and we are breaking it up into 2 days this year. Also, one of the guys that is going as well as myself are helping our leader drive part of the way. We should arrive in Hays tomorrow night at some point. Thanks for your prayers, and I will be sure to add updates of what God did when we get back!

As you may have already noticed, I have taken a break in walking through the Bible, which had been updated almost daily on this blog. In preparation for the trip, I have not been writing as much as had been earlier in the year. There will also not be any updates while I am in Hays. But hopefully I will be able to pick up in Leviticus on Easter Sunday.

Matt

1 comment:

Sara Beth said...

2 days wow!!
I am glad you got to go back, I will be thinking and praying for your team and the team there!!!