Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall is Here!

Cooler weather has come to North Carolina.  Although I never really thought it was that hot out here, especially when compared to the West Tennessee summers, it is nice to be living in the 70 degree weather once again.  Nothing beats Fall for me; it is the best time of year.  I love seeing the leaves change and fall.  I love the cooler air.  I love the holidays!  Today I went to get some groceries and noticed their stock of pumpkins outside the front doors.  I could not help but think that those pumpkins meant that Halloween was almost here.  Although I do not care too much for that holiday, it is a sure sign that Thanksgiving and Christmas are not that far behind!

School is school right now.  I am on Fall Break all this week, but a lot of my time is being filled with studying.  Today, I have spent the majority of my time reading for different classes.  I am trying to get ahead on some of my book reports (which will be posted in the coming weeks) as well as study for my first round of tests.  Mid-terms are only a couple weeks away, so I am trying to wisely use this time to prepare for them while I have that time.  Who knows what the next week could bring, and I do not want to be stressing the night before my first round of seminary tests!

But life is great out here in the Triangle.  I think I am finally beginning to learn the area.  The GPS stays put away more so now than it did just a few weeks ago.  I can get to several churches in the area without any help, as I still look for the church that will become my church home for my time out here.  I can also get to any shopping center or restaurant that I need without the help of a GPS.  So if anyone decides to come this way... I can help you get around.

Thankfully we only have 6 weeks of classes between Fall Break and Thanksgiving!  It will be a busy 6 weeks for sure, and finals will be on the other side of Thanksgiving as well.  But time is beginning to fly by once again as I have become quite adjusted to seminary life.  Enjoy the wonderful Fall weather.

Matt

No comments: