Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008



I have enjoyed the Christmas Holiday these past few days. It has been a great time with family and friends as we attended the Vesper Service at church and then visited all the many different sides of the family.

Here are a few things that I received this year, which will give me lots of great things to do during the new year. I received about 8 books this year, giving me plenty of reading for the next few weeks. Also, some books are coming out that I will use some of my Christmas money on to buy. I am excited about this new batch of books. Also, I received some great new music including the new Rush of Fools CD and 33 Miles' music. So far, all 3 CDs sound great. Finally, the last big thing I received this year was the ESV Study Bible. I have patiently been waiting to get this for many months.

But on the giving side, I was able to give my dad some "retro" television antiques from a neat store at OpryLand. We gave him a yellow submarine mug and an Andy Griffith photo of Barney. As for my mom, we gave her a Union rug that LifeWay was selling during the fall.

The gifts were great, but as I have gotten older, they no longer have as much significance as they once did. It is now more fun to shop and try to find neat gifts for others. But more than that, it is just fun to hang out with some family members that we only see a few times a year. We had a great time Christmas Eve night at my uncle's house and stayed there late into the night. Then on Christmas, we spent all morning at my Grandparents' house. It truly was a great Christmas.

I hope you had a great time as well. I hope that the time spent with your family was wonderful and fun. Now, as we enter back into life and the daily routine, try not to feel so run down. Keep the joy that comes with Christmas with you into the New Year. I pray for a safe 2009.

Here are a few pictures from our Christmas stops. I will have to find the one from Christmas morning later:

Alabama Family (Mom's Uncles)

The 4 of us Christmas Eve Morning

Henry Christmas (Mom's Brothers)

Matt

No comments: