Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Finals on the Horizon

So yesterday I was talking about being stressed. I think that for the life of the college student, the word stress is immediately associated with finals. It is the single most stressful point of any student's semester. But like yesterday, it is also important for us not to become too stressed at this point. Stress only leads to late nights of studying and uncertainty when we are taking the test. Nothing good ever comes out of stressing about finals. But no matter how we say that we might change our study habits, it never seems to happen. Semester after semester, we push it to the last minute and have to start some late night studying.

For me, these late nights are only a week away. Next week is our last week of classes at Union. The following week will be finals week. So next Friday night, I will be sitting in my room looking through notebooks filled with notes as I begin to compile all of my information for the tests.

So finals are coming soon. But the great thing about finals week is that you can finally see the light at the end. The end finally seems close, and another semester will be complete. So my 5th semester at Union University will soon be over.

Matt

No comments: