Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis may wonder what has happened to me over the last week. And I must say that I am not sure. This last week was extremely busy, and I lost track of this blog. I just did not have time to get on here and write like I have in the past. As a result, I have lost track of some of the things that I was writing about a week and a half ago. But I am here to say tonight that that is about to change. And this post will catch you up with life here at Union and the future of this blog.

So what has the first few weeks of Spring 2009 been like? Homework! I have found myself reading more than ever before. Between two classes, I will read 9 novels this semester! And I have already finished 1 of them. Also, I am in the middle of preparing for a big paper in another one of my classes, which consumed most of my weekend. And finally, Greek is taking more time out of my schedule this semester. It is gradually getting harder, and I am having to put more time into studying this go around.

As for Union, this is finally a normal semester. We started on time, and in May we will complete a full length semester (with no accelerated schedules). That is something we have not done since the Fall of '07. So it will be nice to take this semester at a normal pace again. Our commons is being built now, and the groundwork is being completed. So hopefully, they will remain on schedule to have that completed sometime in the Fall. And one of the more exciting parts of this time of year is basketball. Our men's team is currently number 7, and with just 2 games to go, we are looking forward to the tournaments. But the women are still number 1 (for 23 weeks running). Hopefully, they can pave the way to another championship!

As for the blog, here is what you can expect:
  • A look at Humphry Clinker, the novel that I just finished for one of my classes.
  • More news on NASCAR, as the 2009 season continues.
  • Updates on the GO Trip, which begins in a little more than a month.
  • A continuation of the Pastoral Epistles series.

But I must be honest, with some other Bible studies that popped up at the beginning of the semester, I had to put my study of 1 Timothy to the side for a little while. I prepared for a sermon, which I gave last Wednesday, and now I am in the middle of a new study for our GO Trip. So hopefully there will be more from 1 Timothy in the days and weeks to come.

I am going to try to stay consistent with my posts again. I did not mean to wait so long to post this go around, but life gets busy sometimes. Look for more new posts from me in the near future.

Matt

No comments: