Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stimulus, Storms, Snow

I do not know what you think about the struggling economy, but I am honest enough to admit that I am clueless about what is going on. I do not understand enough about economics to even make a guess at how to fix this problem. But I do realize that things are not right, and I can see that through the stock market. So the question I have, is what is the solution? Is this stimulus bill the way to go? I am not sure. All I know is that it did not work back in the Fall, and so I do not know if it will work now. But hopefully we will find the solution. I pray that someone in Washington will be able to figure out what the answer is.

As for the weather, what can I say except that it has been crazy. 2009 has been colder than 2008 so far, but we still have had storms. Watching the weather today, I noticed that Alabama, Georgia, and Florida have had tornadoes. But thankfully, 2009 has not produced as many tornadoes as 2008 had by the end of February.

And today, we have the complete opposite weather, snow! Looking outside right now, there is at least 2-3 inches down. But this is not unusual. Actually, this is what winter in West Tennessee should be. Many times, this type of weather will extend into the beginning of April. So it is really nice to see some snow outside tonight. Snow may cause some problems, such as power outages and wrecks. But in my opinion, it is far less dangerous than severe weather. So bring on the snow!

I ran out of S's to talk about for today. There is a lot going on in our country and in the world. in some ways, things seem to be spiraling out of control. But I have learned not to worry as much about the events around us. Worry will not solve any of our problems, so why even waste our time? But it is always useful to stay informed about the things going on in the world, and this is just my view on some of the current situations in the country today.

Matt

No comments: