Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

August Update 1

I know, I know, those of you who have read my blog over the past year and a half have probably thought that this is a dead site now. I have thought the same thing as well. The truth is that I have not had time to work on this as much as I would like. I had some time on the weekends during the summer. I thought I would get more time when school started back, but I have had much to do here as well. So I may not be on here as much as I used to be, but I will continue to try and keep this site updated.

So for a little catch-up. The beginning of August ended my second summer at Christian Wee Learn. Things definitely started rough this summer, but it only made the summer better in the end. It was much harder to leave there this summer. I got attached to many of the kids this go around, and I saw so much growth in some of the kids that I have had for 2 years now.

We went from Genesis to Revelation, looking at the promises God made along the way. From God's promises to Noah, Abraham, Israel (as a nation), Samson, and David, to the promise about the coming Messiah and future promises he made in the New Testament, we looked at how though those in our life may fail us or break their promise, God always keeps His!

I did not know how this theme would play out throughout the summer, but time and time again I saw that the kids understood a little bit more about God's personality. They made connections, memorized verses, and hopefully understood God's Word a little bit better. But one of the most amazing outcomes was seeing how this theme was really for the kids. We had several kids from hard home situations. Kids that had never known a person in their life to keep their promise. I was questioned on many occasions if I would actually do what I said I would do. At first, they had trouble believing me. But as we continued to work through the Scripture, they learned that there is someone out there who will always keep His promises, God!

I still miss the kids and wish that I could continue to teach them. But for now, I am back in school. I am back in the books, studying, trying to finish out my college career. Senior year is here, and for now this is my focus. But I will not forget the kids. They will be on my mind all year long!

Matt

No comments: