Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Friday, February 4, 2011

A New Semester

Well it is a new semester out here at Southeastern, and I think it will be a much busier semester as well.  I have multiple papers to write this semester, ranging from personal thoughts on theology to biographies about historical figures and from research papers to exegetical papers (involving a close study to the original Greek).  I hope that it is not too overwhelming, but there is always that fear in the first few weeks of class.  On top of all of that, I also have several books to read.  One positive aspect about the semester is that several of my books do not have a reading schedule, so I can take it at my own pace.  I am currently in the middle of several of my books, having read the first few chapters of 3-4 different books already.

On top of school, I am also involved in a local church.  Between Sundays and Small Group, I should stay fairly busy there as well.  Plus, I hope to see about helping out on Wednesday nights in the coming weeks as well.  Then there is the job search.  I have currently applied to a few jobs in the area and will probably be applying to a few more in the coming days, hoping to find a simple part time job that can help pay my rent.  That will be the "last piece of the puzzle," and I should be set once a job falls into place.

So it is an exciting semester.  School should be great, and I enjoyed all of my classes so far.  I really enjoy the church  I have been attending and cannot wait to see what God has in store as I continue to go there and get involved in various ways.  And when a job falls into place, I will finally be settled in here in Wake Forest in a more comfortable financial situation.

A quick heads up for those of you who have been following along with my daily thoughts on Scripture (Biblical Reflections):  Although I started 1 Kings yesterday, I cannot say when I will return to that text.  One of my projects this semester is to write a paper on 1 and 2 Chronicles, looking at two main themes: God's sovereignty and human responsibility.  I have read several chapters of 1 Chronicles today, and will be working my way through my initial reading of these two books this weekend.  I hope to be done by mid-week, and then I will pick back up with 1 Kings 2 and continue working my way through that book.  So do not think that I have given up on 1 Kings, I just have to take a break while I work on this other project for a few days.

So that is my life right now.  School, church, and work (hopefully).  The good news is that Spring Break is about a month away!  It will be a great week of rest and work, but a good break is always needed.

Matt

No comments: