Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Today - 33 Miles

One of the songs off of 33 Miles latest CD is "Today," and its lyrics can apply to all of us.  We all have hard times in life, times when we stress out, worry, and wonder if we are going to make it through.  Life is hard, and we all experience troubling times.  But in the midst of those times, we have a choice.  We can either let them control us, or we can turn to God, trusting that He will see us through.  We can either let our lives be ruled by worry, fear, and doubt, or we can turn to God and find our joy in Him as we have faith that He will see us through and give us peace in life because of His great love.  Now, this does not mean that life will be perfect, we will not experience any more pain, and we will go through life with no more problems.  It does mean, however, that there is One we can always turn to when life is hard, and He will work things out for our good, according to His purposes!  So here are the lyrics:

Today

Worry keeps waking me up
Calling me at 3 am
Fear wants to shut me down
Telling me what might happen
Doubt plays with my mind
Trying to twist the truth
All these distractions, beg a reaction,
So here's what I'm gonna do

Right here, right now
I'm living for You and nothing else
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow's gonna write itself
All I got is the moment I'm in
And I don't ever want to waste
This gift, this chance, right here, right now
Today

Joy is what I choose
When my blue turns to gray
Faith is where I turn
When the world says there's no way
And peace is what I find
Resting in your hands
And Your love is more than enough
To keep my heart content

CHORUS

I know that You hold
The things I can't control
So I am letting go

CHORUS

So go out and life life to the fullest.  We do not have to let life control us because we have the One who controls the world living inside of us.  That alone should drive us to proclaim His Word to the nations.  We never know what day might be our last.  So remember that all you have is "this gift, this chance, right here, right now, TODAY."

Matt

No comments: