Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Colts Kids Camp

So it has been a while since my last post on here.  I am still around, but I have fallen into my typical summer routine.  Back in May, I applied for a job at a Christian camp close by.  I was hired about a week later and have been there ever since.  As a result, the blog has once again fallen to the wayside, as is the case almost every summer.  I end up spending so much time preparing for my lessons each day, that this blog is usually the first thing that is cut out of my life.  But I have a little bit of time today, so I thought I would update the blog by letting you know what I have been up to this summer.

This camp has been an 8 week camp at a local Christian school where we have done everything from basketball to treasure hunting, field trips to art camp, and many, many more camps.  Sadly, the summer comes to a close next week with Lego Camp and Red Carpet Movie Camp.  It has been a great 8 weeks where we have been privileged to work with well over 100 students.  We have seen at least one kid come to Christ and several grow and mature over the course of the summer.  God has been at work this summer through the camp!

I always dread the end of the summer, and just like the last 3 summers I spent at daycare, I am already missing the kids.  This coming Friday is our last day, and then it will 10 months before I see some of these kids again.  This is always the hardest part about camp, but it has been a joy to get to know and work with all the different kids who have walked through our doors this summer.

Colts Kids Camp 2012 is right around the corner, and the camp list is already finished.  We will soon be revealing all the camps for next summer, and I cannot wait for the opportunity to return to camp.  I am already looking forward to May when preparations will be made to re-open the doors for year 2 of this great new camp.  Now, if I can just get through the next year!

I hope to be able to share several stories from the summer in the weeks to come.  God has done some amazing things this summer in the lives of the children that we have worked with.  I also hope to be able to continue our walk through the Bible.  We left off in 1 Chronicles back in May.  So I hope to start that back up soon.  I will also try to post some things from the end of last semester (which I never found time to do back in May).  So look for some new posts in the coming days and weeks!

Matt

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.