Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Football is Over

Football may still be going, but for me, I no longer have a team left in any of the leagues. The Packers never made it into the playoffs, and that was a great disappointment this year. But I guess we can look at this year as a rebuilding year of sorts. Next season may be better now that we have one year of experience after the departure of Favre. But for the '08-'09 season, the Packers are done. So I moved to the Colts for the playoffs. I have followed them some ever since Peyton Manning joined the team, and I thought that they had a good shot at going far this season. But that too came to an end last night when the Chargers knocked them out as well. So now the NFL season is pretty much over for me. I will continue to watch the games, and of course I will be in front of a TV the night of the Super Bowl. But now I am getting ready for next season.

On the college side of things, Tennessee never made it to a bowl game. We had a really rough year that ended in the firing of the head coach. But there is hope for the new year, and maybe the '09 season will be better. The bowl games have been fun to watch these last few days, and I am ready for the National Championship game Thursday night. It should be a pretty good, and hopefully close, game.

Now that football is over, I guess I will shift on over to college basketball. I do not care too much for the NBA, but I have always like to watch college basketball. I have kept up with the Vols these last few months, but now that conference play will be beginning, I will be watching more of their games. And March Madness will be here before we know it!

And in just a little more than a month, NASCAR will resume. I am hoping that this season turns about better than last season for Gordon. The 24 car will have a new paint scheme this year, so hopefully that little change will also help turn the 24 team around for the '09 season. Daytona is only 5 or 6 weeks away now!

Matt

No comments: