Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Heading to Conclave

I have been given a great opportunity to head a ministry conference (of what appears to be especially designed for youth ministry) this weekend. This morning, I am heading out with another college student, and we are going to Atlanta for Conclave 2009. It seems like it is going to be a great weekend filled with worship and great speakers. I do not know what God has in store for the weekend. I do not know what God wants to teach me or show me. But I am expecting to meet with God this weekend. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do.

As I said, we are leaving this morning, about an hour from now. We will be back sometime Sunday night, probably sometime during the Super Bowl. And then it is off to school at the start of next week. This trip will pretty much end my Christmas Break. I will be able to sit around at home on Monday and pack up for a new semester. Then on Tuesday morning, I will head back down to Jackson for the spring semester. Classes will start next Wednesday.

It has been a great break, a great time of rest and fun. There have been some long weeks and some crazy days at work, but at least it was break. It can always seem to get boring at times, but at least there is not a huge load of studying. I will miss those aspects of break. I enjoy sitting around at home doing nothing but reading and playing. But it is now time to dive back into the books and study hard. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for this new semester.

Matt

No comments: