Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Friday, January 9, 2009

January Update

Break is about 3 weeks over now. It will not be much longer until I hit the books again and persevere through what appears to be another tough semester. I am kind of ready for the new semester, but not the work load. The kids have been driving me crazy this past week, and I am getting tired of working. I am ready to go back to studying, which demands less of my time. But I also know that just a few weeks into the semester, I will be tired of that as well. That is the problem in life, it is always hard to find contentment. When it is winter we want summer, and when it is summer we want winter. The same goes for school and break. Why is it that we can never find that contentment in life?

But I am going to try not to take these next few weeks for granted. Before I know it, we will all be back at school. That means less sleep, more work, and longer days. But it also means a lot of fun as we all get back together. Also, I will begin preparing more for our Spring Break mission trip that will be coming up in March. Spring 2009 promises to be another great semester. And it will be here before long.

Matt

No comments: