Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Union's Snowstorm

We got a lot of snow this weekend at Union, but the sad thing is that I was not here to see it when it first fell. I had gone home for the weekend, and was able to get some good rest thankfully. But in the process I missed the snow on campus Saturday night. Now Jackson is 1 hour south of my home, and there was more snow in Jackson. Sitting at home, I think we guessed that we received about 3 inches. But when I left Sunday afternoon, most of the snow had already melted. Then, when I arrived in Jackson, I noticed that there was at least 3-4 inches of snow still around, even with some of it already melted. Some of my friends told me that they think we got around 6 inches of snow down here.

Well with below freezing temperatures last night, the melted snow that covered the roads refroze, causing some more problems this morning. So classes were delayed for one hour due to the frozen roads. But that is not the major problem we are dealing with today. The worst problem is that many of our sidewalks were never cleared off yesterday, and the ones that were refroze over night. So the walk to our classes this morning has been treacherous. People have been slipping and sliding all morning. A lot has melted over the past hour, but our sidewalks are still pretty slick.

It has been quite an adventure this weekend. Snow is always fun, and campus looked great covered with all that white stuff. But now that the snow has come and is beginning to go, I am ready for Spring. We finally had our one big snow storm for the winter (for West Tennessee anyway) and that means that Spring is hopefully around the corner. I am ready for warmer weather.

Matt

No comments: