Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

1 Year of Posting

1 Year ago I began this blog to keep friends updated and post my thoughts on a variety of topics. And over this past year, I feel like that is what I have been able to do. The blog initially allowed me to keep you updated on Union as we recovered from the tornado. And throughout the summer, I was able to let you know how work was going and brag a little bit on the kids that I taught. More recently, I have consistently kept you updated on my Mission Trip to Hays, Kansas.

But it has not just been about me. The real reason for the blog was to give me a chance to review books that I have read. I have written about many books over the last year, not all of which I read in the last year. I hope that you have been able to find something that interested you, and if you wonder what type of books I have read, just check out the Book Reviews section of this blog. A new review is coming in the next few days on The Moonstone.

This blog was active during the primaries and the election. I gave my thoughts on the candidates, where they stood on certain issues, and the election itself. Then as President Obama took office, I even commented on the inauguration. There have been hurricanes, severe weather, and snow storms that I written about as well. These can all be seen under the personal thoughts category, like this blog post.

I then began reviewing music, commenting on songs that I have heard on the radio or through iTunes that touched me in some way. Lyrics can be powerful, and the Music section of this blog seems to be the most popular section. Out of all 200+ blog posts that I have written over the last year, the "One Life to Love" post has received the most comments. Hopefully I will be able to continue this section of the blog as well, and since I have been listening to John Waller's newest CD recently, I should have some new songs to talk about.

Because I have given several sermons over the last year, I have been able to share those with you on here as well. And through different devotions, school papers, and memory verses with the kids last summer, I have had plenty of passages to write on. There should be more to come on that as well, including more from the Pastoral Epistles, something from the Gospel of John, and maybe some ideas from Proverbs.

And the world of sports keeps most Americans busy each week. I should continue to post about sports over the coming months, but since NASCAR is the only sport in season right now that I watch, those may not come as often.

If you are new to the blog, a lot has happened over the last year, as you can see. But there is also a lot to come. The world is always changing. There are new things to think about and write about. Sports seasons will continue to play out each year, new music and books will continue to be released, and I will continue to write about things that God is teaching me. There is so much more that I have done through the blog already, and I hope that there is much more to come. So keep coming back to see what is new, I will do my best to keep it updated. Before we know it another year will be gone.

Matt

No comments: