Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

While I'm Waiting Review

John Waller's newest CD came out just a little over a week ago, and it is a great album! I feel like he did a great job on his sophomore album, which is typically one of the hardest albums for new artists. But what I especially like about this album is his use of Scripture within the songs. Almost every song on this CD has some part of Scripture almost directly quoted within the song. Let me give you a few examples:

"Faith Is Living"
It's the evidence of things I cannot see. And faith, it's the confidence that you are holding me... I want to be a man like Abraham. He went to a foreign land 'cause You said go. He trusted You by faith. Of a tiny mustard seed to move mountains we can speak.

"While I'm Waiting"
While I'm waiting I will not faint, I'll be running the race, even while I wait.

"Cling to the Call" - Peter
I was walking on water just a week ago. Not even a care in the world just a day ago. Not sure what happened but all of a sudden, I saw the crashing waves all around me. And once again I had to choose to put my eyes back on You... I could stand without wavering just an hour ago. I could not deny you even a moment ago. Not sure what happened but three times denied You. And once again I've got to choose to put my eyes back on You.

"House of God"
A description of what the Church is or what it should be.

"Priestly Blessing"
Lord bless us and keep us, make your face to shine upon us. Raise your countenance on us and give us peace.

"Dead Man Walking"
I am crucified with Christ. No longer I live. Now the life I live is only in Him. I am seated with Christ. I'm not coming back. All my life, I've never been so alive, I am crucified.

"Perfect Peace" is Isaiah 26:3 put to music.

These songs have such powerful meanings, and I would encourage you to at least read the full lyrics to all of these songs. This does not seem like some CD that an artist put out just to make money. You can feel the passion and meaning behind these songs. It is grounded in Scripture, and for me, that is what makes these songs! John Waller did a great job with this album, and I would encourage you to go out and get it.

Matt

No comments: