Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Missed Out on June

I cannot believe that I went about a month and a half without updating the blog. There has been so much going on since I was writing all of those papers in the middle of May, and this one thing that got pushed to the side. My time has been eat up with so much other stuff recently, that I can never seem to find time to just sit down and write. But just as the update said, I am hopefully back, and now you may see more than one post a day so that I can catch up.

So to start my first post on this little comeback of mine, I guess I will give you a quick update about my life. Finals week has come and gone, and the semester ended well. I did much better this semester than I was expecting, which made me feel better when the grades came in. And my junior year of college is now a thing of the past.

Just a few days after the end of the semester, I went back to work. As many of you know, I worked at my home church's daycare last summer, and I have returned there again this year. But much has changed in one year. Another local daycare shut down in May, sending many of their kids our way. So although I have many of the same kids that I had last year, there are many new faces to work with this summer. Some of those kids have fell right into place, but several did not. So it has taken half of the summer for my coworkers and myself to get them in our routine. There have been many more disciplinary problems this summer, and I hate to say it, but there have been some days when I have not enjoyed going to work. Thankfully, things appear to be turning around. We only have a few of what I would call "the problem kids."

But aside from the problems that we are having, there is a bright side to the summer. Once again I am teaching the kids the books of the Bible, ten key passages, and nine memory verses. As of now, we are only two verses and four key passages away from being done, and we should finish my planned material in two weeks. After that, there will still be a few weeks of summer left where we will focus on reviewing the material. Even with the disciplinary problems, the kids have done well with learning the information this year, and they have once again impressed me. Now I pray for a great end to the summer.

We also had Vacation Bible School and boarded the Boomerang Express this year, but that could probably be another story.

But why have I not posted? Well between being really tired after work some days, attempting to do some type of reading throughout the summer, which hasn't happened yet, preparing a lesson for the next day, and trying to review Greek, the posts have not come. Hopefully this is the start of many, many more.

Matt

No comments: