Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Derek Dooley

After 3 days of watching ESPN and surfing the internet for information, it is official. Tennessee has confirmed that the new head coach for UT Football is Derek Dooley. He is from Louisiana Tech, which may not seem great at first, but it appears to be a good hire for UT. At least I hope so. His record isn't real impressive at Louisiana Tech, but he is said to be a good recruiter. He has also been in the SEC before, which will be helpful. Only time will tell whether Dooley is a good hire, but as Tennessee fans, we must stick behind him and believe that he can take us to another winning season in 2010. Of course, it will take time to build a solid team, getting good recruits back to Knoxville, but we cannot give up on Dooley. Hopefully, this will work out for the university.

This weekend is also the next round of the NFL playoffs, and let me list who I want to win (not necessarily who I think will win):
  • Colts vs. Ravens --- Colts
  • Chargers vs. Jets --- Jets (although I think it will be the Chargers)
  • Saints vs. Cardinals --- Cardinals
  • Vikings vs. Cowboys --- Vikings

This may or may not happen, but I am hoping that these will be the four teams playing in the AFC and NFC championships. Ultimately, I want it to come down to the Colts and the Cardinals. I absolutely do not want to see the Vikings or Cowboys in the big game! There is still a lot of football to go, and it is the playoffs, so anything could happen.

Matt

No comments: