Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Green Bay and Tennessee

What a horrible weekend this has been. I had all of my hopes set on Green Bay making it to the Super Bowl. Now I realize that was probably a little far fetched, but a true fan always believes that. I always support the team and believe they are capable of going all the way. Honestly, we had a great shot at making it through Wild Card Weekend. Having beaten the Cardinals the week before, I felt we were a shoe-in this weekend. But that all changed when we turned the ball over in our first two possessions. Arizona got a lead that was going to be hard to catch. But we did! The game was finally tied up in the 3rd quarter at 38-38. I thought we stood an excellent chance at that point. But we just could not seem to pull it together in the end. Now granted, I feel there was an awful call at the end of the game. Like many others, I fell there should have been a face mask call on the final play which would have left us with the ball. But those things happen.... I guess. The point is, we should have kept control of the ball earlier in the game so that we would not have been in that situation in the end. But that is why football is so exciting. You never know what is going to happen, and the unexpected might just take you by surprise in the end. So the Packers are out and now I do not really know where to go for the rest of the NFL season. I will support the Colts the rest of the way, but who knows, they may be the next team to be knocked out.

Speaking of the unexpected... what about Lane Kiffin? The coach that Tennessee fans were so excited about getting has just betrayed us all. Now granted, he had no clue this job opportunity would arise when he took the job at UT a year ago, but a true coach dedicated to the program will not leave no matter the call. After a year of big talk, adequate performance, and a promising future, Kiffin has left all that he promised and the big promise that his future held to start from scratch yet again. Is it a wise decision? Only time will tell. But he has lost respect from the entire Volunteer State, and when football season comes around, there will be a lot more USC haters in the Southeast.

So after all the disappointment that the last few days has brought, I guess I am left with only one hope in the sports world... NASCAR. In a little over a month, NASCAR returns with the Daytona 500. At this point, I cannot wait. The Playoffs were supposed to keep me occupied long enough to make it until then. Now I will anxiously be awaiting the Daytona 500.

Matt

No comments: