Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Trip to Southeastern

This weekend I spent some time in Wake Forest, North Carolina visiting Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I went to Southern back in the summer and have just now made it out to Wake Forest to visit Southeastern. I know that this is the next step after college, but I do not know where that will be or what I will be studying exactly. I can say that I will be working toward a Master of Divinity, but I have not decided on what track I would be taking.

There are several factors that will be weighing in on my decision as to where I will go, and I will have to begin the application process fairly soon. But for now I will be getting ready for my final semester at Union. The semester begins in a little over a week and will begin with the opening of our new Commons. The Bowlds Commons opens February 2, 3 days before the anniversary of the tornado. On February 5 there will be a chapel service of praise to commemorate the anniversary.

It will be a busy semester as I finish up with some big projects at Union. But I will also stay busy as I begin to fill out applications for seminary. There is a lot to do over the next few months, as many big decisions will be made. Thus begins my final semester at Union.

Matt

No comments: