Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

GO Week 2008

Psalm 86:9-10

All the nations you have made shall come
and worship before you, O Lord,
and shall glorify your name.
For you are great and do wondrous things;
you alone are God.

GO Week has been going on this week at Union, and we are all getting to know various organizations around the community that we can work in as a ministry to others. There are all kinds of ways to get involved in Jackson. But also, organizations from across the world have made their way to campus this week to show us international opportunities. So there are plenty of ways for us to get involved, and many are sharing those options with us this week.

Another aspect of GO Week are the GO trips. This year Union in sponsoring 17 different trips all across the world. Please pray for the students who will be involved on these trips. I, myself, plan to get involved in one of the trips as well. Many of you know that I participated in GO Paris 2 years ago, and my trip to Providence, Rhode Island was cancelled last year. So I am looking forward to another opportunity to serve God during Spring Break this year. I do not know where I am going yet, and I have not yet narrowed down my selections. But before Fall Break, we will all know what trip we will be going on this school year.

We will be going to places such as Europe (Germany, Romania), Africa (Kenya, N. Africa), Asia (undisclosed locations), Central and South America (Guatemala, Honduras), and the United States (Boston, Providence, Nashville). The list goes on and on. Please pray for every student filling out an application. Pray that we will mark the trips that we feel God leading us toward. And then pray for those in Campus Ministries who will be deciding which trip we will be placed on. Pray that God will be in all of the decisions and that we will all get placed on the right trip.

It will be a busy year, and I expect God to do some great things.

Matt

No comments: