Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Where Am I?

I am back at Union University, and it looks completely different! We have not been able to be on this side of campus for over 7 months, but now everything is rebuilt and a new semester has begun. We moved in yesterday, and I am still trying to find a place for everything in my room. That is partly because our rooms are slightly bigger with the new dorms. With movable furniture, each bedroom can be personalized, and that has allowed me to change mine up a bit. For instance, the chest comes in 2 pieces, which can fit under the bed. This allowed me to have room for a bookcase of my own in my room. Also, our main room is huge! It is bigger than I had expected. Also, we now have 2 bathrooms as opposed to 1. And the kitchen includes a microwave and washer/dryer unit, both of which we did not have in the old dorms.

I took the picture above by standing just outside my room. That is the view I have when I leave my room each day. This is the Watters Quad. I currently live in Watters 3, and we still do not know what the building names will be yet. But the view that we have now is amazing. In both Deusner and Adams all I saw was the next building just a few feet away. Now we have a quad, and it is great!

Last night we had our season opener in soccer as well. We played Rust College (I have no idea who they are), and we won 17-0. Remember, this is soccer! Our soccer guys dominated last night, and it was a great game.

Tonight is the Howdy Party, welcoming all students back for the Fall '08 semester. Classes start tomorrow morning. It is an exciting semester already, but I cannot help and ask, where am I? This is not the Union that we all knew. But despite all the changes (and name changes to some of our buildings), it is still Union, and I am glad to be back. We are all starting fresh in a new place, and I cannot wait to see what God is going to do at Union this semester!

So here are a few pictures of campus:

(Above) My bedroom, well part of it.

(Below) Our main room with a lot of furniture.

(Below) The SUB with new carpet and newly painted walls.

So Union is different in many ways. But a new semester is now upon us, and many of our traditional activities will go on as always. As I said, the Howdy Party is tonight, and soccer has now started. I will keep you updated.

Matt

No comments: