Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Can't Get Away


Can't Get Away

Here is a fairly new band with many powerful messages. I discovered Rush of Fools last Fall after hearing their first single "Undo." But after listening to the CD, the song that stuck with the most was this one.

So here are the lyrics:

I am an arrow, I am a rocket
I am a river and nothing can stop it
Cause You are the target and You are the atmosphere
You are the ocean that keeps pulling me, You're pulling me here

And I, can't get away, can't get away
Can't get away, can't get away
I can't get away, can't get away...I keep running into You
And I, can't get away, can't get away
Can't get away, can't get away
I can't get away, can't get away...I keep running into You

I am a beggar, You are the table
I am so helpless, God You are so able
And when I get turned around You change my direction
You're so perfect, I'm so broken, here You come with arms wide open
Chasing after me down every road
You're always waiting there

Even when I close my eyes, I can't help but see
There's no place that I can hide,
You're such a part of me
I can't get away cause I keep running into You
I can't get away...

As Christians, we cannot help but be with God. The Bible says that He never leaves us. He is always with us through both the hard times and the good times. So when the song says that we are an arrow and He is the target or that we are the river and He is the ocean, it is saying that we are always set on target into His path. He is with us, and we cannot help but get away.

There are several things to think about this. First off, when we are caught up in sin, God is there with us. He sees all that we do, and if we consider the fact that He is always with us our actions might actually change. Also, as the song says "there's no place that I can hide." Just like Jonah, we cannot run from God. He will always find us out.

Secondly, we can remember that God is with us when we go down some wrong paths. He may not approve of our choices, but He will still be with us. At those times, He is just waiting for us to return to Him. He will be with us through it all, and we can always depend on Him staying by our side.

So as you go throughout your day, remember that God is with you through it all. Do not forget about His presence. If you are currently traveling down the wrong path in life, turn to God. He is right there waiting for you. Just turn to Him and depend on His strength. And if you are caught up in sin, remember that you can turn to Him that as well. But also remember that He is watching you in every move you make. Use that as motivation to live a holy lifestyle before the Lord. He demands holiness, and that is what we should give Him.

You cannot get away from God. You may run or wander off down the wrong path, but you can never get away when you are His child.

Matt

No comments: