Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm Waiting

I'm Waiting

John Waller is featured in the new Christian film Fireproof. I went to see this movie last night, and I must say that I was impressed with the film. But that is for another time. I might do a movie review later this week. However, John Waller's song I'm Waiting plays during this movie, and works well in this movie. So I thought we could take a look at this song and see what it is talking about. Here are the lyrics:

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

We all have those times in life when it seems like nothing is going on. We are waiting for the next big part of our life to arrive, and we do not know what to do in those "in-between" stages. I think that a lot of times I take those parts of life and neglect to fulfill the plans that God has for me. It is easy to get caught up in the big stuff, that we miss out on the blessings God could give us when we are waiting.

You may be in one of those waiting times right now. It could be just some down time before the next hectic part of your life. But it may even be a crazy time in itself while you wait for a situation to be resolved. Either way, worship and serve God while you are waiting. Look to Him for guidance and direction. Let Him lead you, and continue to do His work while you wait. Do not let those moments in life be the times where you do the least for the Lord. You may find that you have a great influence on someone just because you followed and trusted God.

Matt

No comments: