Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Quick Heads-Up

I am still alive! I have just been busy lately. Things are continuing to go well with school, but the work load is beginning to pile up a little bit. I have made through round 1 of the tests. But now papers are creeping up on me, so I am busy researching and organizing my material. That is the main reason why I have not been on here the last few days. But do not worry, there is still more to come. I have some ideas for some upcoming posts, and you will be seeing those in the coming weeks.

So here is a quick heads-up on what you will be seeing.
  • The conclusion of my summer memory verses - over the past few months I have given you 8 of the 9 verses that my kids learned this summer. I have been explaining them further on here, and the final one will be coming soon. After that, I do not know where I will be heading with the "Biblical Reflections" section of the blog. But I would be happy to reflect on some Scripture that you particularly enjoy. So if you have ideas, do not be afraid to share them with me. But you can expect possibly a new series after this one is finished up.
  • Also, I have read Knowing God by J. I. Packer for my Doctrine class this semester. I am in the process of writing a paper/book review for this book. Once this paper is out of the way, I will post a summary of that paper on here. I encourage you to read this book if you have not already done so.
  • The election is coming, and I will try and post my thoughts on it in the days leading up to it and after the big decision is made on the 4th. I am not big into politics, but I do not mind voicing my opinion when it is all said and done. Right now I think our focus should be on praying for both candidates and committing to pray for whichever one makes into the White House.

There may be more than this as well. I love to just write about whatever comes to my mind. So expect some of that as well. It might be a few days before I make it back to the blog, but just know that school is keeping me tied up right now. But here is what is coming once I have time to breathe again.

Matt

No comments: