Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tired and Busy

The common consensus around campus this week is "We need a break!" We are now only 1 week away from our Fall Break, and it cannot come soon enough. Papers, tests, and projects are beginning to pile up now, and things are getting really busy. This brings on loads of stress and long hours, leaving us all very tired.

It seems as if every class has some major assignment due within the next 7 days, whether that be a test or a quiz (for me). I am studying non-stop, and have been going at it for hours today. But I am not the only one. Many of my friends seem to be stuck in the same boat this week as we prepare for these last few assignments before a much needed rest.

I am trying to think back to previous years, and I cannot remember being this busy at this point in the semester. We are only in our 5th week of classes, but it seems like everything is suddenly due. I guess that is due to our starting late, but that is the only reason I can think of. Also, I think that not having our labor day weekend break has made Fall Break seem that much better. We are looking forward to our first break of the semester.

And in the midst of all this busy schoolwork, this week is also "Faith in Practice Week" here at Union. This could be considered as a type of revival for the campus. This is a much anticipated week for many of the students, and this year we have David Platt once again. He began today by speaking on Exodus 33 challenging us with the question "Am I desperate for the Spirit of God?" We still have 2 more chapels this week, where Platt will continue to set forth more challenges for our life.

So there are many things going on this week, but thankfully the break is now in sight. Once Wednesday comes, things will not seem quite as hectic. I look forward to that.

Matt

No comments: