Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fill Out Your Bracket

It is March Madness, finally! Thursday is the first day of the tournament, and I will be in front of my TV all afternoon/night. Have you filled out your bracket yet? I have. This time of year is great. Basketball is on TV 4 days out of the week, pretty much non-stop. But what is it that gets us so excited about the tournament? I think part of it is the fact that an underdog has the opportunity to shock the nation by going far in the tournament. We all like to pull for the underdogs, unless it is going to upset our bracket or knock off our favorite team. But there is something special about rooting for the team that should not win. We can connect with those teams, and everyone loves a good "Cinderella Story."

So who is going to win it this year? What is your vote for the winner? My bracket is filled out and ready for the tournament. No changes will be made to my bracket. Leave your thoughts and we will see if anyone chooses the champion. But make sure you place your bets before the tournament begins!

As for NASCAR, this week is Bristol, and I will not get to watch the race. I will be in Kansas, away from a TV probably. But after Bristol comes Martinsville, for which I will be back. These are the 2 shortest tracks on the circuit, and they can cause many drivers to lose their cool during the race. Maybe you do not care for NASCAR. Maybe you think it is stupid and pointless. Well give these 2 short tracks a try. They are normally filled with wrecks and "almost" fights. They may be 2 of the most exciting races of the year. Now only if Jeff can come out of them with a couple of wins.

Don't forget to fill out your bracket... we will see who picks the winner, if anyone decides to comment and place their bet. To start things off I will go ahead and reveal my overall winner. My choice is North Carolina. I did not consult the experts. I went with my gut when filling out the bracket and did not look for statistics or who has the advantage. I just looked at the teams and picked; it is a new strategy for me. So I picked North Carolina to win the tournament.

Matt

No comments: