Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

While I'm Waiting... While I'm Searching


Looking back at my previous posts, I have noticed that I have posted about three different songs by John Waller over the past year. The thing is, John Waller only has one CD out, with only 10 songs. That is 33% of his songs. And they are not the only three songs with a powerful message. But instead of rambling about statistics, let me get to the point. John Waller is currently one of my favorite artists, ranking up there with FFH and Casting Crowns. And his debut album, "The Blessing" is one of my favorite albums on my iTunes, and has been played through the most. But there is a reason for that. The lyrics in these songs are powerful and have such a great message.

So since last April, when I went to the Casting Crowns concert, which had John Waller as an opening act, I have listened to John Waller like crazy. And those songs still have a great impact on my life almost a year later. But I began anticipating more from him, especially when "While I'm Waiting" was featured in the movie Fireproof. The other day I was casually searching for new music online, and I stumbled across a new John Waller song, "Hands of the Healer." Sadly, I still cannot find an audio version of the song, only lyrics.

But that is not the exciting news. The great news is that John Waller's second album will be released in just a few short weeks, April 7th! Where will I be that day? Buying the new album. It is entitled "While I'm Waiting," and while I am not sure if this is the same song that appeared on the first album or not, I am pretty sure that this album will rank right up there with his first. On his myspace page, John Waller talks about the new album and some of the new songs, which I am dying to hear some clips of. But I have searched online for clips of the new songs as well, and I have come up empty.

So while I was searching for new music I stumbled across "While I'm Waiting," the new album by John Waller. If anyone knows where I can hear some audio clips of his new album please let me know. I would love to get a sneak peek to the album.

Matt

No comments: