Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Life at UU

School.

That is about all there is to it at this point in the semester. There really is not that much going on around here other than papers, tests, and homework. However, we do still find time to be involved in other activities. But now that I have had my break this week, it is time for me to climb back into my shell and prepare for 3 big tests next week (along with a paper).

Sports have been big around campus these past few weeks. Last week was homecoming week, and on Saturday we had 4 homecoming games. First our lady bulldog basketball team played and dominated! The guys backed them up by winning in overtime. Meanwhile, the lady bulldog soccer team won their first round tournament game. But sadly, the guys lost and their season came to an end. So as soccer begins to fade out around campus, basketball season has just begun.

About the only other thing going on around here for me is the fact that we have been hosting prospective students in our room. Last Friday night, we had a kid from Texas stay with us. We showed him around campus, around Jackson, went bowling, and just hung out for a while. I'm hoping he is sold on Union (and if you are reading this, we hope to see you in the Fall). Then on Saturday night, a kid came in late from Colorado and left the next day. Tonight we have two more from East Tennessee staying with us for the night, here for Preview Day tomorrow. It is a great opportunity to begin investing in the lives of these students. Many of these will be freshmen next year if they decide to come to Union, and I am sure they will enjoy seeing a few familiar faces in the midst of that big change in their life.

So like I said, I will be crawling into my cave/hole, whatever you want to call it. I have to study and do well on these last few tests before finals. And that may mean that I drift away from the blog once again. But I will try to finish up the series on Hebrews 12:1-4 despite the high work load I have right now.

Matt

No comments: