Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sad Football Days

So last night I began watching the Tennessee/South Carolina game. Once again, I was hoping that we could stage some amazing comeback for the season. But I was quickly disappointed in the performance of the Vols. Before I knew it, we were down by 14 and had tried 2 different quarterbacks. Disgusted, I just turned the TV off and worked on some homework. When my roommate came in, he asked what the score was. So I turned it back on to see and was shocked to find that we were 21 down instead of 14. I did not turn it on again until the 2nd half, but things did not turn around for us. We finally managed to score, but that was about it. So now Tennessee is 3-6. I do not even know if they have ever had this bad of a record since I was born. I know that I do not remember it ever being this badly. But hopefully things will turn around next week against Wyoming.

Then today, I was excited to see the Packers overtake the Titans. And honestly, they had a really good shot at it. This was one of the Titans biggest challenges thus far this season. But they showed why they are the only undefeated team left in the NFL. In a great overtime run, the Titans pushed ahead of the Packers and won the game. I was impressed to see that Rodgers is continuing to show out, getting over 300 yards yet again. Earlier this week they extended his contract until 2014. So although the record may not show much for us this season, many of our loses are just barely losses. We have not really had a team run over us yet.

Matt

No comments: