Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Much Needed Break

It is almost that time around campus. Thanksgiving Break is coming, and "thank"fully, that means that we will not be on campus.

After a long semester (so far), it is time again to take a break, and I will be heading home tomorrow afternoon. My last week was filled with tests and papers, but now that is all a thing of the past. I will not know my grades until we get back to campus next week, and I can now enjoy a long Thanksgiving Holiday. The busy homework assignments are over (for now), meaning that I do not have too much homework to do over my break. So I plan on sitting back and relaxing for several days (which is much needed right now).

But that is not all good news. The sad thing is that once break is over, the semester will speed up (like it always does). Those last few weeks when we get back to campus always seem to be the worst due to the fact that finals will be just around the corner. However, this semester, we will not get to finals for a while. We have two weeks of classes left prior to our finals, which is due to the fact that we started two weeks late this semester. Plus, they shaved off a week of the semester to make up for lost time. So we have been on a somewhat accelerated schedule yet again. But two weeks of classes, one week of finals, and then it will be Christmas Break for six long weeks.

So over all, Thanksgiving will be great. I can catch up on some sleep, do a little bit of homework, and prepare for the home stretch. That's the latest news from Union. There is not too much going on right now other than the regular basketball games. Once we get back, we will have some time for a few last events before finals week.

Matt

No comments: