Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

3 Weeks and... It's Finally Over

In less than 3 weeks, this long (very long) semester will finally be coming to an end. With tests, papers, and projects still to complete, it will be a long 3 weeks. I am ready for an end to this semester, as are so many others that I talk to at school. Although I don't think anyone would trade off what we have learned and experienced this semester, there is more excitement than normal on campus about the end. But with the excitement of another completed semester and summer around the corner comes stress. For those of you not at Union, take a normal semester, think about the end (all the big things due) and multiply it by about 5. That is what is going on down here. But despite all the hectic schedules, we are still pressing on to the end, and in 3 weeks we will be able to close this crazy chapter of our lives.

Personally, I still have 2 papers, 2 essays, 3 projects, and 4 finals to go. And sadly that does not include the normal reading assignments that we get daily. So I am going to be busy from here on out. In fact, after I finish with this post I am going to get started (hoping to get a lot done) on one of my papers. Life is definitely crazy right now.

Yesterday, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary was on campus helping with the rebuilding project. They were replanting trees along with other landscaping work to help Union look like it used to. I know that the time is coming for me to start looking into the next step of life, seminary. And I had already planned on looking around this summer to see where it is God wants me. Yesterday was a prime opportunity for that, and I was able to speak with a guy from Southeastern during a free lunch. Who can pass up a free lunch? So I am beginning the search, and yesterday was only the beginning.

Well campus is looking even better. From Monday to Friday we saw 1 dorm go from nothing but safe rooms to a two story building with walls. Another dorm went from one story to a two story building with a roof, shingles, and preparations for bricks. A third dorm went from almost nothing to a two story building with a roof. We now have 1 building pretty much covered with bricks, and a 2nd building is now being bricked. There are 4 buildings I can no longer see, so there could be bricks back there as well. All in all, 10 of the 14 buildings are up. 1 of the remaining 4 have safe rooms, so I am assuming it is the next one to go up. Praise God that 81 days after the storm we have a huge chunk of the rebuilding finished.

I guess this was another long post. But a lot has been going on down here. Have a great weekend, and I will be coming with another book review soon (I think - I have to figure out what to talk about).

Matt

No comments: