Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Building on the Cornerstone

Today I am going to give you a quick update on what is going on with our construction, and what is going on in my life.

Well as of 3:00 this afternoon when I left campus there were at least 8 two-story dorms on campus. 1 or 2 others have the first floor up (out of 14 total). Also, it has been said this week that sheetrock and bricks will also be going up within the week, and I think I saw some of those bricks today. I cannot wait to see how it looks in the morning when I return to campus. But as of Tuesday, they stated that 20-25% of construction is now complete. Just to give you a time frame, that is 10 weeks after the tornado. They still have 3.5 months to work. They are right on schedule. And along with construction, the rest of campus is great as well. Everyone is in a mad rush as we head to the end of this long semester! And preparations are being made for next semester (schedules, housing assignments, etc.).

So what about me? Well this has been the longest and hardest week of the semester for me, and sadly I do not see things slowing down until the end. I have had projects, tests, and reading assignments all at once this week, and there are many more to come soon. But I am still finding rest and trying to persevere to the end. I was talking to someone today about the long semester, and they were struggling getting to the end. But we decided that since God had gotten us 10 weeks through, He would get us through these last 4. But there is saddness coming. May 15 will be the end of my best semester here at Union. Despite all that has happened, I have enjoyed this semester more than the other 3. Also, May 15 marks the half-way point for my college career. I will be 2 years in to college, and will be heading down hill starting in the fall.

But with the end of the semester comes summer, which I bet everyone is looking forward to. I was offered a job at FBC Martin this summer to work in the Christian Wee Learn Daycare Center. So the week after I finish school, I will be heading there to work with the K-5th Grade school group that is on summer break. They are incorporating a new "Bible Drill-like" curriculum into this summer, and along with Jessica Breeden, we will be helping out with that age group. Also, I have been asked to "co-pastor" Kids Kamp with Tobey Taylor. So I cannot wait for summer, it is going to be fun.

Well that is about all that is going on down here. Just school, work, and looking forward to a break. I hope you all have a great week. And for all you college students, try not to stress out too much.

Matt

No comments: