Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back Home and Back Online

Well it has been 5 days since I have even been on the Internet, and it was very nice. The computer is a great tool, and I do not know how we could live without them now. But it is always nice to get away from it for a while. It can be so controlling and time consuming. If I am not careful, I can easily waste hours just looking at the computer screen. So it was a nice change of pace this past week. But now that time of relaxation has come to an end, and I have a few busy weeks ahead of me.

Vacation was great. We played many games of putt-putt (where I won the majority of them - not trying to be too cocky :) ). We also took a 5-mile hike in the mountains. We came up on Abram Falls, which was a really nice waterfall. It was nice to get out and experience nature in that way. We were also able to meet up with one of my roommates, Joe (the one who had the broken bone). What a great vacation it was, and Monday I can get back into the routine of life.

Well I also have many praises:
  • Joe is walking! Although he is still in the cast, he is now walking without crutches.
  • Union looks great as well. We came through Jackson today to check it out, and now all 14 dorms have a roof, and the majority of them are bricked. Also, columns, rails, and staircases have been added to many of them.
  • I am done with my Kids Kamp sermons. I finished up my last one today, and all I have to do now is type that last one up on the computer (which I did not have this week), and make any revisions I see.

There is a quick catch-up of what has been going on this week. I also read 4 books this week, and part of another, so I have more books to write some reviews on. After all, this is my "bookshelf." I will also share with you some things I have been thinking over recently in the coming days. Furthermore, I may even post those sermons on here once I get them completely done. So expect more posts now that I am back at home. I will try to stay busy writing.

Matt

No comments: