Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Missing Union

It has been 3 weeks now since the end of the semester. In many ways, it has been a long 3 weeks. But it has also been very relaxing. I have many things that I am working on right now, but I am still able to find time to relax, watch TV, play some wii, or just do nothing (which is always nice).

Kids Kamp is a month away. I have started on my sermons for that trip this week, and will be working through the first half of 1 John during the month. I pray that God will guide me in the right direction, showing me what He wants me to speak on during that trip.

I am also staying busy at work. We have worked our way through 4 memory verses and will begin our 4th key passage tomorrow. Many of the kids have already learned the books of the Bible up through Song of Solomon. I told them that they are 1/3 of the way there, and they seem to be enjoying it. There are plenty of fun games that are keeping them busy with learning this stuff. Work is getting better as well. Although we still have our rough days, they are generally better now. The kids have more respect for us, and we are getting to know all of them better. But there is still work to be done, and I know that they will eventually calm down some.

But despite all of this, I have not been to Union since the end of the semester. And now I am beginning to miss it. Summer is great, and I have had a great time already. But I want to get back on campus in many ways. I want to see everyone again. However, the semester does not start for another 3 months. So I am going to enjoy summer, because it will not last forever.

By the way, God in the Whirlwind was released this past week. Stop by LifeWay if you get the chance and pick it up. Proceeds go towards the Union University Disaster Relief Fund. Although I have not yet read it (I am waiting on my free copy), I know that it is going to be a powerful book. There are some great testimonies of what God did on the night of February 5.

Well that is about all that is going on around here.

Matt

No comments: