Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

God in the Whirlwind - Finished


This is my final post about this book, I promise. But I started and finished this book today. It was the first time that I was actually able to sit down and read it. For me this was a really quick, but hard, read. I read through the stories quickly because some of them I had either heard from others or had experienced many of the same emotions. I knew where these students and professors were coming from and could relate to them so well. I have drawn away from the tornado in recent weeks. I think I have finally gotten to the point where I do not think about it everyday. It is still on my mind quite often, but not as much as it had been. Well now I am beginning to go back to that night. Reading this book today brought back many of those emotions. Things that I had since buried and forgotten found their way back into my mind. February 5 does not seem that long ago any more.

I encourage you to read this book. Some of you may have heard my story already, others of you may not have. If you have not, it is posted on facebook under my notes. If you have, it is not as dramatic as some of these, but like the book says, all of our stories are intertwined. You cannot stop with just reading one person's story. You have to hear many to see the big picture of what God did that night. For instance, my roommate Joe was in Watters Commons that night, and I have heard his story. Many of the people he was with that night are in this book telling their stories. So now I have a better understanding of what the last few moment were like in our Commons building. The more I read, the more I see God's power over us. I am still amazed at how God protected us. I am still amazed at His power.

God is truly amazing. He still does miracles today. He still watches out for His people. He is still sovereign. We could have all died that night. But God chose for us to live. He protected us when He did not have to. After seeing campus that night and the days that followed I, along with everyone else, still wonder how we all made it out alive. The only, only, answer to that question is God. There is no other explanation!

God in the Whirlwind is a powerful testimony to God's providential care over His children. Please try and find this book and see God's amazing power.

Matt

1 comment:

Tim Ellsworth said...

Glad you enjoyed the book, Matt. Thanks for the positive comments.