Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Outrigger Island

O, I, O, I'm living God's unshakable truth...

What a fun week this has been, and I hate to see it come to an end tomorrow. These past 4 days, I have been working with 11-14 1st graders at Vacation Bible School. It has been great to see these kids grasping God's Word and understanding the different stories. The first day was a bit shaky, but since then we have had nothing but fun in our class. Sadly, it all comes to an end tomorrow for the kids, but I think that they will remember their days on Outrigger Island for quite a while. The songs are so powerful and meaningful, and they are also catchy. The lessons have been great as we have toured the island by surfboards, helicopters, sailboats, scuba gear, and hiking trips. LifeWay did a great job with this year's theme. May we all never forget to live God's unshakable truth!

Other than VBS, I have also continued to work with my kids at Christian Wee Learn. And this week has been a great week of review. Since we have VBS in the morning, I am not giving my kids any new information, such as new verses or passages. Instead, we are working on what we already have and are continuing to work with the books of the Bible. I feel like many of them are starting to grasp this better. In fact, the 2nd-5th grade kids are already through Titus. But I was so happy today when one of them came up to me and said, "Mr. Matt, I know all 66 books of the Bible." I was like, "alright then let me hear it." He stood there and told me them all, Genesis to Revelation. He then quoted our 6 memory verses and 5 key passage references. It is exciting to see these kids progress daily. My goal is to have all the older kids through Revelation by the end of next week. But pray for the younger ones who are almost to the end of the Old Testament. Although we still have disciplinary problems (some major ones) the kids are getting better, and this week has been better than last week.

One prayer request I ask for you to pray for are these kids. I was talking to Jessica tonight about their salvation, and we feel there are many that are now beginning to question what it means to be a Christian. VBS (along with our daily Bible study) seems to be opening up new doors for these kids, and we feel that some (although they may not fully understand it all) are considering what it means to be a Christian. I feel that it is time to start talking with these kids one-on-one and see where they stand. God is beginning to move in their lives, and it is exciting to see Him work. So pleas pray that He will continue to reveal Himself to these kids.

And Kids Kamp is about a week away now. That is exciting as well. I am ready to see what God is going to do during those 3 days. A lot has been happening recently, and my schedule has been packed. But through it all, I have had lots of fun. Summer has been exciting!

Matt

No comments: