Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

1 Month to Go?

The word is that Union is now about 1 month from competing the 14 residential buildings (or dorms as we call them). The latest news that I heard was that Union is now projecting construction to be completed somewhere between August 1st and mid-August. Now anything could happen between now and then, but it appears to be great news! If things go well, that would put them right on target to let those who must return early to campus in the new dorms (I'm guessing). Also, we would not be far behind them. So after 5 long months of waiting, we may only have to wait 1 more. And in less than 2 months Fall 2008 will be in full swing.

But Summer 2008 is not over, and I am already looking ahead to the Fall Semester at Union. Let me back up and catch you up on life since Kids Kamp. We returned, and I was ever grateful for having the opportunity to serve on that trip. I was able to connect with some new kids and continue to build relationships with kids I already knew. God was with us on camp, and He is continuing to guide us now.

I am still at Christian Wee Learn, and we are about to wrap up all the information for the summer. They only have 3 more Key Passages to learn, out of 10. Many know all 9 of their memory verses, and all the kids know at least through 2 Corinthians (most are to the end already). They continue to surprise me each day and show me that they can learn these things. These verses will be with them for the rest of their life, and will pop up at random times. I hope that they can take away many of the truths that we have talked about this summer.

All in all, life is good. Despite me anxiously waiting to return to Union, I do not want to rush Summer away. It has been a great summer! I have learned a lot, reconnected with many friends, and enjoyed the various areas I have been privileged to serve in. I know that there are only greater things coming in the future, but I must remember to live in the present. Enjoy the here and now. So summer will continue to move along, and before long I will be living in a new place on some familiar grounds.

Matt

No comments: