Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Not a Weekend of Rest

After a long week, the thing we all would like to do is rest during the weekend. But that is not always the case. At times, we have places that we need to or have to go. And then there are those times when unforeseen circumstances arrive, and we have to adapt our schedules to accommodate others. This weekend was one of those weekends.

My grandmother was put back in the hospital on Wednesday, and I had not yet had an opportunity to go visit her yet. We had thought about going on Saturday, but had to quickly change our plans to go visit her today. See, she and my mom decided to buy peas. Well when you buy peas from someone, you have to get them ready to put them into the freezer. So yesterday was a day of playing with peas. I am not complaining, that is something I have grown up doing, and I have very fond memories of doing that with my other grandmother before she passed away. But it takes a while to do, so we started yesterday.

On top of the peas, the Senior High Group is gone this week on their Mission Trip, so I also had to do Power Point for the 2nd service today. Again, I enjoy doing that, but it just all happened to fall on the same weekend. So after I got home from church, we went straight to Jackson to visit Grandma. But then, my grandfather began feeling worse, complaining with a stomach ache. So we had to hurry back home, find medicine and get him taken care of as well. And as you may guess, we still had peas to take care of once we got home. Thankfully, the peas are just about ready.

So I am really tired right now, and tomorrow starts another week with the kids (hopefully a good week). But forget about me, I will make it. I have been a lot worse off than this. Please pray for both of my grandparents who are recovering from different illnesses. May God give them strength to feel better. Also, continue to pray for my brother and the rest of the group as they spend the week in Ohio ministering to various families and churches. I am looking forward to another week. I have confidence that this will be a great week!

Matt

No comments: