Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

What About Favre?



Well many of you know that I am also one who loves to watch sports. Although I am not athletic, I do know the rules and enjoy watching sports on TV. Among my favorite sports are NASCAR, football, and basketball. NASCAR is a year long sport, which I enjoy every weekend! But football and basketball do not get started until the Fall. And football season is right around the corner once again. I cannot wait to turn the TV on and watching a good game of football, as long as it does not interfere with a race. But recently I have been following the news about Favre.

I am, and have always been, a huge Packers fan! My grandfather got me started on the Packers when I was little. So I grew up following the Packers, even if they were not on TV that much. Then, Chad Clifton was drafted to the Packers, and that made it even better! Now that we have 2 Martin natives in Wisconsin, I could never leave my Packers behind. So you can probably imagine that I did not want to hear the news that Favre had retired. That was a really sad day. But immediately people started speculating that he would soon want to be back on the team. And now that speculation has come true. The news has been covered with Favre's decision to come back to the NFL.

So what is the right decision for the Packers and for Favre? What should be done about his change of mind? I can see both sides of this situation. Maybe he made his decision to retire too quickly. Now he realizes his mistake, and he wants everyone to bring him back. I can see where he would be distressed and anxious to return to what has been his life for over 15 years. But is that fair to Rogers who has now become the starting quarterback? Should the Packers bump Favre back up to the #1 position? I do not know. Granted, I do not see it being fair to Rogers, but since I am such a fan of the Packers, something inside of me wants him to come back.

So I don't know. What do you think? Who is right in this situation or are both sides wrong?

Matt

No comments: