Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Prayer for Phillip

I have had prayer requests in previous posts, but I have decided to start a new section of my blog. When I have an urgent prayer request(s), I will post them on here.

Please pray for Phillip. He is one of my kids at Christian Wee Learn. I have wondered about his salvation most of the summer. I became especially concerned when his mother told me that she was Catholic and her husband was Baptist. Phillip is a 9 year old boy who has never known where to go to church. His parents have not pushed him in either direction. And now he is beginning to question where he should go.

He told me at the beginning of the summer that he had never studied the Bible. But he has caught on very quickly, now knowing all of the books and several memory verses. Then came VBS, and there is always an evangelism day during VBS. I am not sure how that went with him, but I do know that he is now questioning those ideas. And I think that Kids Kamp has pushed him even further. On Monday night, Tobey was preaching, and he laid down a pretty heavy invitation. Phillip kept glancing my way, and he made eye contact with me. Then came the tears (or watery eyes). When I asked what was wrong afterwards, he told me he was just homesick. I asked him if he was sure, and he insisted that he was. So I left it at that, and decided to talk to him later.

Wednesday added another piece to this puzzle. His mom (who is Catholic) came up to me thanking me for teaching him at the church and going on Kids Kamp. She said that he has been struggling (confirming my suspicions). She then asked if I would sit down with him and talk to him about it. That is when she told me that she wanted to leave that decision completely up to him, without either of his parents pressuring him. So she opened up the door for me to tell him more about Christ.

My prayer is that the opportunity will arise that I can talk to him. I pray that he sees the truth, and that he will continue to question these ideas. Of course, he has to come the decision himself, and no one can make him believe. But now that the opportunity has fallen at my feet, I will soon be telling him more, one-on-one.

Phillip is a great kid that I have really connected with. Please pray for his salvation!

Matt

No comments: