Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

2 More Weeks

I cannot believe that summer is almost over. Here I am near the end of my summer break, and I have no idea where it went. I went into summer hoping that it would go by quickly. I did not want to wish summer away, but I have been anxious about getting to the "New" Union. So at the beginning of the summer, I wanted it to speed up some. Well here I am at the end, and like always I wish it would slow down a little. But at the same time, I am ready for the end of work.

In 2 weeks, my job will come to an end. I will sadly have to say good-bye to the last of the kids. I pray now that they have a great school year. It has started off so well for so many of them. I am glad that they are all enjoying their new year and their new teachers. Now that we will soon be leaving them, I pray that it continues to go well.

But still, the fact that there are only 2 weeks left in summer boggles my mind. Yet I am still looking forward to what is to come. With the end of one segment of life brings the beginning of another. A new semester is on the rise, and I cannot wait to get back. Furniture has been moved in, they have been working on that some more this week. Students are moving back to campus. I know that the soccer teams are already back, and RAs will be going back in about a week. Things are being put into motion now. Fall 2008 will begin soon.

I do not normally address my readers directly. But I really do hope and pray that your summers have been amazing as well! Many of you will be starting a new semester soon (if you have not already). Look to this new segment of life with hope. Dream big, and refer back to my post called "Something Big." If you let Him, God will do something amazing in your life this next semester. Stay close to Him, and let this new era of your life be amazing.

Matt

No comments: