Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Start of a New Year

Well the kids started school today. What a sad day it was for Jessica and I. Some of them did not come back today because they are participating in other after school programs. I pray that these kids will have an amazing school year. I told many of them yesterday that by going back to school, they have an opportunity to tell others the things that they have learned this summer. I encouraged them to continue to practice all the verses and books they learned.

Also, we had a specific situation occur yesterday that I do not want to spell out on here. Let me just say that something was either misplaced or stolen yesterday. We know no details on this situation other than this specific object is missing. We are still trying to put the pieces together and figure out what might have happened and how we can solve this problem. Just pray that this lost item is found.

Finally, I have several friends that are beginning to make the move back to Jackson ready to start a new semester. RAs will be moving in soon along with some of the sports teams. Please pray for safe travel as they begin moving back into the new dorms. It seems as if the dorms should be ready, furniture was being moved in earlier this week. I pray for a great start to a new semester, and I especially pray for the safe travel of all those who have to go back to campus early.

Matt

No comments: