Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Six Months Later

Wow... I noticed today that it has now been six months since the tornado. Here I am typing right around 7:02. Time flies way too fast. Six months later, and students and faculty were moving the new dorm furniture into the new dorms today. They will all soon be fully furnished. That is so exciting. I would never have imagined that these dorms would be up and ready for us six months ago when I was taking shelter in a dorm that was falling around me. But now, everything is new and ready. Time really does fly.

But summer has gone by almost too fast. I have been excited about the end of the summer, mainly because I am ready to get back to the "new" Union. But I never thought I would dread work ending like I have this week. It has been a hard summer in that the kids have pushed me to new limits. I have had to be somewhat mean some days. I yelled a lot and made a lot of kids sit in time out. But despite all of this, I did connect with several kids. You always end up having your favorites, and of course I had mine.

Tomorrow is the sad last day of the summer program at Christian Wee Learn. We are having a big party tomorrow. There will be pizza, video games (for the guys), and spa stuff (for the girls). It is going to be a day of fun. Then, as the kids leave, we have to say goodbye. Some will be with us after school on Thursday, but many will not. And sadly I have to say goodbye to Phillip. I hope none of the other kids noticed, but I let Phillip help out a lot today. When I needed an extra pair of hands, Phillip was always there. He got to do a lot today that others did not. That may have been a little wrong, but I knew that I did not have much time with him. He is not ready to leave, and we are not ready to let go tomorrow.

So yea, time flies! Here we are in August, and Weakley County Schools are heading back to school. Work changes after tomorrow, and I will have to begin working with a new group of students. We will be playing with them in the afternoons and helping out with homework. It will not be the same, but it should be fun. And then as the month comes to a close, I will be preparing to head back to Union.

Matt

No comments: