Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Olympics Have Begun

I don't know how many of you stayed up last night watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics, but I did. That was the most spectacular opening ceremony that I have ever seen. I have always thought of it being boring because countries just march in and there is not that much action. But there is still something special about it, despite the boringness of the event. It is all about pride for you country, and it is fun to watch the USA team march in.

The Chinese did it right this year with the 8 different runners inside the stadium leading up to the man running around the perimeter of the room in the air. Then when he lit the torch, that was just amazing!

The Olympics will be on for 16 days! I will be watching anything and everything that I have time for. I have been up watching it this morning since it began. In the last few hours, I have seen the American Women's Volleyball Team defeat the Japanese. Also, 3 American women have swept the medals in Women's Fencing. Cycling was on just a few minutes ago, and right now I am watching what they call "sculls." It looks like kayaking to me. I am now patiently awaiting Michael Phelps first race, which is scheduled for sometime this afternoon.

I hope you are enjoying the Olympics as well. Find your sport, there are plenty to choose from. The swimming, volleyball, and gymnastics promise to be good this go around. Remember that the summer games only come around every 4 years. Do not miss it this go around or you will have to wait until 2012 when they head to England!

Matt

No comments: