Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

An Almost Expected Twist

I am still having computer problems and do not know what it is or when it will be fixed. But oddly enough, our desktop is working and our laptops are not. So I am at my old desktop computer typing right now. Hopefully I can keep this updated through this old computer until our internet straightens up around here.

So here is the next addition to Ted Dekker's fantasy world. Remember, I am leading up to his newest book Sinner, which comes out September 2. But for now, let's look at Saint.

I really cannot say much about this book without giving away some of the major surprises and twists. But let me just say that this book is a great continuation off of Showdown. It takes place in our world, just like Showdown does. And most importantly, there is a great "showdown" between 2 of the characters at the end of the book. Another great villain is introduced, which leads to more and more questions for this web of books that Dekker created.

The big twist for this book takes place right in the middle, and I must say that in some ways I almost expected it. I knew that it was considered to be a "sequel" of Showdown. But by the first several chapters of the novel, I really began wondering how it was connected. So I had this idea of what Dekker was about to throw our way. But I did not know how he was going to do it. So although this has been the closest that I have ever been to figuring Dekker out prior to the twist, I still failed at nailing down his major twists. And that is the way that it should be, because the Dekker twist is what makes Dekker books so good.

But if you read this book, I think you will be pleased with the plot. It is very engaging and fun to read. There is plenty of action and mystery weaved throughout the story. And as I said before, there is a great "showdown" at the end of the book. I hate that I cannot tell you much more, but I do not want to ruin all the fun of reading this book. There is so much excitement and so many questions and answers that arise in this book. I am guessing that it is all in preparation for the third book of this part of the story. Remember that this series involves 3 different sets of books along with 2 "stand alone" novels that weave in as well. But it is a much needed addition to the story. So pick up Showdown and Saint. Dive Deep! Get ready for Sinner!

Matt

No comments: