Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Football Kicks Off Tonight

Tonight is the "first" game of the NFL football season. The Colts will be up against the Redskins tonight, and this can only mean that the Fall is almost here. I probably will not be able to watch the game tonight, but despite the fact I am excited that football is finally on its way.

I will be following the Packers as always, despite all the craziness that we have seen leading up the season this year. Who knows what will happen with Favre. Today it has all changed yet again. They are now reporting that he will be back with the Packers. But will he be on the bench or on the field if he ends up on the team again? These questions are still unanswered, and the coming weeks will reveal Greenbay's fate. Hopefully it can be a good season for my team. I have followed them my whole life, through the super bowl and through the down years. I do have high hopes for the season.


What about the Vols? This is year is a fresh start for the team. With a new quarterback and a new coach on staff, no one really knows what is ahead for this team. This could easily be a flop year, but it could also be a very productive year. Right now no one knows. I have high hopes for the Vols as well. I think that the change of pace can propel them to many wins throughout the season. Hopefully we can even sneak up on a few teams.

Fall is all about football! Last Fall was a great year for both the NCAA and the NFL. There were plenty of surprises, twists, and close ball games. I look forward to much of the same as the 2008 football seasons kick off within the coming weeks.

Matt

No comments: